the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Saturday, July 6, 2013

Apple Berry Bake

a recipe I found in some papers and want to try:

Ingredients:
Filling:
4 cups peeled, thinly sliced apples
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries and/or sliced strawberries
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
2 tbsp. flour
1 tsp. cinnamon

Topping:
1 cup quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
5 tbsp. butter, melted
2 tbsp. flour

*Preheat oven to 350 degrees; spray 8x8 square dish with cooking spray.
*For filling, combine all ingredients in large bowl; mix until apples are evenly coated. Spoon into baking dish.
*For topping, combine all ingredients in small bowl; mix well. Sprinkle evenly over fruit.
*Bake 30-35 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment