the first dessert I baked for my then-fiance was red velvet cake, and he was hooked...I love to cook, and my 3 daughters are following in my footsteps. This is a collection of recipes that we love. Feel free to comment - good, bad, indifferent - if you try any, let me know how they turn out.



Thursday, January 10, 2019

Starbucks-ish Egg Bites

Someone on fb asked about making egg bites similar to those found at Starbucks. I'm way too frugal to spend that kind of money for breakfast, plus I like to cook. BUT, most recipes call for a sous vide cooker. I'm not even sure what that is, much less do I have the desire to buy yet another kitchen gadget. So, a little searching led me to this recipe.There are details instructions, clarifications, and a video on making them, so head over there if you want more specifics. I haven't tried it yet, but I plan to this weekend. If you try it, let me know. And if you have a similar recipe you love, please share it in the comments!

INGREDIENTS

Bacon and Gruyere
1 tbsp olive oil (to grease egg tray)
16 eggs, whisked
1 cup bacon or turkey bacon, cooked and chopped
1 cup gruyere cheese or aged cheddar, shredded

Egg White and Red Pepper
1 tbsp olive oil (to grease egg tray)
4 cups egg whites
1 cup roasted red peppers, diced
1 cup spinach, finely chopped
1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded

DIRECTIONS

Note: Pick one version for this recipe; if you wish to do both versions (like in the video), cut each of the ingredients in half

Preheat oven to 325 F. Fill a 9x11 baking dish halfway with warm water, then place a greased 12-count silicone egg tray overtop. (see explanation on the recipe website)

Divide toppings of choice and cheese among egg cups, then fill the rest of the way full with eggs or egg whites. Bake in the oven for 60 minutes or until eggs are set.

Remove egg bites from molds once cool and serve and enjoy!

From: https://thegirlonbloor.com/copycat-oven-baked-starbucks-egg-bites/

No comments:

Post a Comment